From it’s beginning Kraków has always been cultural capital of Poland. It hosted the first university in our country. Being a melting pot of cultures, languages, religions and political doctrines made our city colorful and interesting for the outsiders. This format has not changed in recent history. It was only enriched by many cultural events. Lets have a look on a list of few most interesting selected attractions:
• Film Music Festival – September – It is devoted to the music found in the world of the cinema. Live orchestral music gives second life and a different vwive to the sound known from motion pictures.
• Czesław Miłosz Literary Festival – May – Quite new festival, in the name of a polish artist and a Noble Prize winner Czesław Miłosz. One o the few writer from our country know to the world public. Festival invites artists who study human nature in the unstable contemporary times.
• Wianki – and of June – Very joy full musical event, relating for, combining ancient Midsummer Night pagan rituals with concerts of world format like Jamiroquai (2008) and Lenny Kravitz (2009),
• Sacrum Profanum – September – festival aimed to mix contemporary music with entertainment end experimental scene. To name few artist: Jonny Greenwood (Radiohead), Adrian Utley (Portishead), and Sigur Rós.
• Coke Live Festival – early August – one of the biggest open air events in Europe, mixing hip – hop, r’n’b i pop music. The names of artist speak for the festifal them self’s: Jay-Z, Rihanna, Missy Elliot, Timbaland, 30 Seconds To Mars, Panic At The Disco, Kaiser Chiefs, Lily Allen, You Me At Six i Kid Cudi.
• Festival of Flavour – late August – Local Festival devoted to traditional cuisine and and local products, It gives the best taste of Poland
• Photomonth 15.05.2014 – 15.06.2014 – festival gathering work photographers from around the world. Showing the different and distorted image of existence.
The exact program of all the festival is not yet known. Stick and stay with the KrakowShuttle blog to find out more about the events, special guests and tickets. If you need any assistance with booking admissions or Krakow’ hotels as well as you need airport transfers and Krakow shuttle please don’t hesitate to contact us!